Saturday, September 22, 2007

should i

i received an email from the school.
the email talked abt the off-campus recruitment talk by Goldman Sachs and that 55 slots have being reserved for both 2nd n final year students. an invitation was sent out to selected students to send their CV to the school by 24 sept so that they can forward the CVs to goldman sachs. GOldmans sachs will then send an invitation to the students that are selected for the talk.
i went to their website to have a better understanding of the kind of characters they are looKing for. I believe i have a decent idea of how to 'sell' myself to them.
but i wonder if i sld send in my CV.

this email made me thought of 1 thing.
i remembered that i wanted to convince myself of my ability back then when i came out of army. n tt's one of the reasons y i applied for a scholarship.
now that i had being awarded 1, i believed that i have what it takes to convince local home-grown listed companies that i have the ability.
since i have to source for my internship next yr, i was thinking of using this chance to c if i have what it takes to convince world-renowed companies like goldman sachs, citibank etc that i have what it takes to be part of their organisation.
if i manage to get an internship at any such company, i will have a better idea how far my ability can take me to.

but i have a question. am i being v bad by making use of such internship to gauge my own ability, given the fact that im under a scholarship. i know that i run the risk of getting myself into a big dilemna if i got offered an internship n a job (plus buying out of my bond) to work at a company that's alot bigger than my current scholarship sponsor.

even if i were to reject the job offer, i would have a better idea of the kind of firms that i can apply to, if i choose to work for another company after i have fulfilled my bond obligation.

my internship next yr is perhaps my only chance for me to gauge my own ability and to try out other industries to c if they are my cup of tea.

pls give me some guidance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home