Wednesday, July 18, 2007

fitness

i did 40 laps in the pool on mon and i was feeling v tired on tues.
my muscles are tight, perhaps it's bcos i din stretch my muscles well after swimming
or sld i sae i din even stretch my muscles at all after i was done with my 40 laps.
nontheless, i managed to drag myself out for a run.
did 3 rounds of 800m at ard 4mins per round.
next, with after abt 1 min rest, i did 6 rounds of 400m at ard 1 min 45 sec per round. this will translate into a 10min 30 sec timing for 2.4km which is considered not bad for my standard.
pretty satisfied with my level of fitness n i guess it really helps alot in my 2.4km when i stop running long distance for my 2.4km training.
fartlek is more useful, it's not as time consuming as long dist running but it's more intense which is gd.
it's exactly 2 wks to my ippt test day. hope i can clear my ippt n get silver. hope my jumping don't fail me cos i m pretty confident that my running is at least a silver standard now.
for the next 2 wks, i will up my fartlek intensity (depending on my knee condition) and hopefully i can go under 10 min for my 2.4km
if i manage to clear my ippt on 1 aug, i will go to queensway to get my new DS trainer as i formally retire this current ds trainer that has served me so well for the past 3 yrs.
let's hope for the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home