Thursday, November 22, 2007

it's WAR time

in about another 12 hrs more, i will officially step into the exam war zone.
it's going to be a tough war tt will last until 28 nov.
i had trained hard for this war, so hopefully things turn out fine.
anyway, i knew i had tried my best alr.
yup, so bring it on man

nowadays,schools engage in very interesting form of fund-raiser for their own sch.
today, some students came to sell ice-cream at my doorsteps, claiming tt it's to raise funds for their school. the ice-cream costs $15, thou i din get to c what's the ice-cream like as i was in my room. i thought moe has being giving schools a lot of money? the education budget has always being v significant as u can see from the hundreds of scholarships that moe gives out every yr. it's almost like the scholarship money is free. then again, i realised that there has being an increased number of charity shows recently for different charitable organisations.

somehow, all these episodes of events made me think that the world lacks money. everyone needs money. while i do understand that charitable organisations need money to maintain their existence so that they can help needy people. but i guess there's a limit to how much they would need and i certainly do not hope that these charitable organisations have too much cash in their banks which they don't really need (ie it's just spare cash)

this made me thought of the Ren Ci hospital case. thou i m not very sure about the details, if i m not mistaken, the hospital made some interest-free loans to 3rd party. i hope i got my facts wrong. but if im right, i really questioned the need to raise so much money for Ren Ci annually. is it to help the patients, or to allow the hospital to make interest free loans to 3rd parties?

it was also reported on the New Paper (if i din remember wrongly)that there's this beggar at Waterloo St who can collect up to a few hundreds bucks per day from the public. This is what i called excessive donation.

i guess im pretty apprehensive abt how donations. if i were to donate money to anyone, i have to be convinced that they really need my money to survive on a daily basis.

i saw the China Premier on the news. he looks quite friendly. tt's just a comment.

lastly, b4 i go to bed. this is my 198th blog. my aim is to write my 200th blog on 28 nov to mark the last day of my exam war. haha

time to slp liao.

wish me lucks for my exam later. i think i need quite a bit of luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home