Monday, May 07, 2007

my first day at work

today is my first day at work..
hrm..i will describe the experience as a bit overwhelming..
the learning curve is super steep..partly bcos of the fact that i m only a yr 1 student so there's alot of things that i dun noe..
thus i would say everything is on the job training..
n they certainly do plan out a pretty challenging program for me...
have to complete 3 projects on my own using my newly acquired knowledge...
it's only 2dae that i realised what's being taught in school is only the tip of the iceberg..
the knowledge u need in the workplace can be quite different..

my mentor was the financial controller..n i was pretty shocked to have the FC as my mentor as i tot he will be too busy to mentor me..
perhaps that's the reason y i have another mentor: a senior accountant..
i was given my own office..thou i will have to share my office with another two ntu yr 2 students starting from next wk..
n perhaps it's bcos i was given my own office, so i m not v close to the staff there except those that guided me..n the office was quite quiet..
it's either bcos my office is not v near them (so i carn hear them talk) or they really dun talk to each other...

n i finally understand y they sae u will become fatter when u start working...
particular for me..i dun like to exercise at ard 5plus 6...but by the time i reach home, it's alr 5plus 6...
must find a way to motivate myself to do exercise even if it's alr 5plus 6..
if not i will definitely grow sideways...

today was just abit of hands-on..will be starting my project tmr..
hope it will turn out to be ok...
the food der is not fantastic but since it's only 2mths n i only eat 1 meal everyday, i guess it's not too bad...
on the whole, i guess it's quite an experience working in a shipyard, thou it may not b v glamorous...

hope tmr will be ok=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home