Sunday, April 08, 2007

to ascertain my own value in this world

went out with the 4g gang to holland v for a meal to celebrate the mar n apr babies bdae...
was walking across the carpark in holland v when i pointed out to ben the mercedes slk n BMW 6 series parking in the carpark..
told him that 2 cars are my dream cars...den he sae my dreams r really dreams..
at that moment, i was wondering if he was thinking that i would never make it big enuf in life to own a slk or a 6series or he dun have the courage to go dream abt owning that car n working towards that goal..
true enuf the cars r really not cheap..but 1 thing i believe is if u work hard n u noe what's ur goal, u will get there one day provided u r determined enuf (which i believe i m)
one reason to believe tt i have such determination to achieve my aim can be shown in the effort i put in to brush up on my swimming..
have being mocked by ben n co abt me being an offr tt carn swim...
i made the resolution tt i want to be able to swim confidently by this yr n i m glad to sae i have achieved it..
it's all abt effort..i swam twice to thrice a day..often eveasdropping on those swimming coaches in the pool n practice n practice..
nowadays, i will at least do 30 laps b4 i call it a day at the pool..
when i told the gang at tcc that i wan to earn 12k a mth, ben laughed at me...n sae i was dreaming again...
was thinking abt that when i went home..n i realised something...
besides the desire to climb up the corporate ladder to prove i can do it n cos i like challenge,
the other reason y i like the challenge of landing a job at Mckinsey is to ascertain how much exactly i m worth..
i dun believe i m jus worth 2k plus per month...
i guess this can b sae abt me getting the scholarship too..
while the main reason is to lessen the financial burden on my family n to secure a job tt's challenging n to be at a big conglomerate tt's as ambitious as me...
the other reason which i realised only now is that i believe im of scholarship quality n i wan to prove it to myself that. i wan to ascertain my own value...
i learnt in intro to human resources module that employees use their pay as a gauge of their own value..n i truly understand it now..
it's not so much of the job now..
even if i really gOt the job at mckinsey n is offered 12k salary n i reject the job offer to remain at keppel, i would b happy cos i noe i m worth at least a 12k salary..

dun noe if my thinking is right..to all, pls feel free to comment...cos need someone to correct me jus in case my thinking is wrong n i din realise it.

thx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home